Free Consultation (800) 294-0055
Free Consultation (800) 294-0055

Employment and Fair Labor Standards Act Disputes

Employers have an obligation under Federal law to compensate their employees fairly for their work. If you’ve been wronged by your employer in a way that violates the FLSA, you have the right to file a civil lawsuit and seek compensation for your injuries.

Over 75 years ago the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) was passed, ensuring that workers in America were entitled to receive a minimum wage, overtime pay, and eliminating child labor. All this time later, there are still employers who violate the rights of their workers.

The law also gives workers a recourse. If workers’ rights have been violated, individually or collectively, those workers have the right to file a civil suit against the employer and seek compensation.

About the FLSA

The Fair Labor Standards Act applies to employees who work for companies that are engaged in interstate commerce – which is generally defined for purposes of the law as companies with more than $550,000 a year in sales or gross revenue.

Employees may have a case for an FLSA law if the minimum wage is not being paid, tipped employees are not being paid at lest $2 an hour, or if workers are not being paid for overtime at a rate of one and half times their regular wage.

FLSA law can be complex. If your rights have been violated, your best option is to seek the advice of a qualified FLSA attorney who can work with you to file a FLSA lawsuit and seek justice.

Watts Guerra

The law firm of Watts Guerra has a unique standing among America’s commercial law firms. Watts Guerra has the knowledge, resources and dedication to address commercial litigation anywhere in the United Sates.

If you’ve been harmed by your employer in a way that violates the FLSA, contact us online or call us at (800) 294-0055.