When a newborn baby is injured during the birth process, the parents may have a claim for compensation. Most parents do not realize that birth injury claims are different from standard personal injury cases.
Watts Guerra Craft LLP is nationally recognized for handling large and complex personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our attorneys do not handle standard medical malpractice cases, choosing to focus on helping the families of child victims.
We handle birth injury claims for:
- Cerebral Palsy - a birth injury resulting from damage to the cerebrum
- Erb’s Palsy – a common type of brachial plexus injury which causes minor to severe partial paralysis
- Prescription Drug Birth Defects – when a mother takes a prescription drug during pregnancy and her baby is born with a heart defect or other birth defect
- Shoulder Dystocia – occurs when large babies become stuck in the birth canal and children suffer nerve damage
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – injuries to the brain during birth commonly occur with use of forceps or vacuum
Our birth injury lawyers will help families recover compensation for the emotional and financial hardships they face when children are disabled or injured at birth, requiring lifetime medical treatment. We have a medical doctor on staff to review all of our medical records and to help us work up your case at no extra cost.
Texas law restricts the time you have to file a lawsuit, so it is critical to seek legal help as soon as possible. If you wait too long, you will lose your right to seek damages, even if you have a valid claim.
Legal Help for Birth Injuries
If your child is injured at birth, contact Watts Guerra Craft LLP today at to arrange a free legal consultation. We take birth injury and birth defects cases on a contingency fee basis, which means if we do not obtain a monetary recovery on your behalf, you do not owe us a fee.blog comments powered by Disqus